Chora's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

4 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: General Chat

Post by smash016 Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Turns out I can barely run the game... Man, did time go by fast... last time I checked I had a supercomputer.

I am pretty excited to play it. But not excited to buy new hardware for it. My system RAM and graphics card are just the minimum requirement... Quite an investment for a single game.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 am

smash016 wrote:Uhm... Okay, that footage looks great... And I've only watched a few bits, for risk of spoiling. I don't care about animation or technical aspects, I only care about story, atmosphere, and aesthetics. And I like what I see.

So, indoctrination veins? Maybe. It's not a unique, trademark visual effect.

What makes you think the former plot is certainly there? Please detail a little.

About the game I'm exactly on the same side.

The themes are all there. But it's much too early to articulate a theory, it's more a hunch.

Organics / synthetics.
Dream / reality.
Cerberus and council working toward the same goal.

All the major council species have an ark. A small group of Krogans were included. We have a human, Salarian, Turan, Asari ark. Another Quarian ark is rumored, and guess who's onboard? Drells and Hanars. In fact all those we believe to be the major thralls of leviathan are in the arks. No batarians whatsoever ATM just like i predicted. Another mundane explanation could be they were already cut from the council yet i think this is highly convenient.

But more important [spoiler stop there if you don't want to hear]
Spoiler:

Last, about the tendrils, we don't know if it's exactly indoctrination but those appearing when TIM did try to control us show they are a sign of psychic invasion of a mind at least.
And during the same scene, Ryder's brain showing necrosis signs and afterward being restored is really similar to shep's resurrection imho.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Uhm... Okay, that footage looks great... And I've only watched a few bits, for risk of spoiling. I don't care about animation or technical aspects, I only care about story, atmosphere, and aesthetics. And I like what I see.

So, indoctrination veins? Maybe. It's not a unique, trademark visual effect.

What makes you think the former plot is certainly there? Please detail a little.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:30 am

I've just seen the first hour of the game on youtube. I really think nothing, absolutely nothing of the former plot has been dropped.

GO to the 54:30 frame. You'll be surprised.

Now it has to be aknowledged, facial animation is poor. Really. Female ryder is also poorly done imho.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 am

Ok, start of the game is imho epic and really well written. Forget all the naysayers, this could be a really good game.

The cloud which intercepted the ark is made of dark energy. I won't spoil more in case you start playing.

SAM's voice, sounds like a geth voice. The AI used by cerberus on their ships sounds like a geth one.

Another squadmate seen in the prologue has definitly a cerberus looking armor.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:38 am

From what I've seen, side missions sees to be totally spoonfed. Go here, do that. Not much room for thinking on our own. Yet moral choices are kept which is a really good thing.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Last edited by vlad78 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:20 pm

SAM confirms being fully sentient, exactly like EDI. But unshackled.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:18 pm

SAM is the ship AI. It is connected to ryder's brain and can enhance his/her physical and mental capacities. It reminds me of how the geth did connect them to Quarian suits at the end of ME3, allowing them to evolve and hope to get rid of their suits within 1 or 2 generations.
BTW SAM knows everything ryder is doing.

SAM uses QEC to stay in touch with ryder. I don't know what other proof do we need to accept this Andromeda initiative is Cerberus driven.

But more important, there are lightnings in SAM's sphere identical to those seen in Vigil's holographic representation.

Last edited by vlad78 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:04 pm

I love when BW talks about gods.

I also already love Peebee, even if they made her hold a gun in the wrong way.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Have been starting to look the playthrough of the game. Looks gorgeous imho.

Preliminary observations.

The Ketts are the baddies. No honeycomb over them. They are interested in some ancient installations which help making worlds eligible for colonization. It seems the pathfinder (leader of people seeking new worlds) when coupled with SAM the ship AI, can interact with those while the Kett can't. The Kett have dark eyes a little bit like the Turian.

Those installations also have a lot of triangles over them.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:36 pm

smash016 wrote:I have very little time to play video games currently, but most importantly, the footage so far seems to indicate:

1) no proper connection with first three games

2) no continuation of IT and related theories (like ours)

3) not even very exciting stuff for a standalone game (I think)

Dark space thing is interesting, though.

First trilogy was definitely not (entirely) real. Would therefore make sense if this reboot was real. Separate fictional universes is definitely what they're aiming for and convenient for BW.

Btw, Choose Wisely is still going strong on Twitter...

Fair enough. I have some time to spare even if I won't be able to do it as thouroughly as years ago. If you're interested, I'll give you all the informations i can gather.

1) I can't say. I think we'll have  some answers about what happened before the start of the Andromeda initiative, this alone might give us a more accurate picture of the first trilogy.

2) Directly of course. But it might give us some clues about the other theories we have. When did the dream start? Did Shepard really have some indoctrinating powers? The fact that the paragon renegade system is dropped might indicate the Ryder family is not similar to Shep at all. You know I'm firmly convinced Mc Walter didn't drop a single thing of the previous games. I just fear he'll want to confuse people even more.

3) From what i've seen , the game will be separated between the main quest happening on the 8 or more golden planets called Habitat 1 to 8 ( or more, i don't remember) and lots and lots of side quest happening everywhere else allowing you to gain advantages to resolve the main quest. It will be similar to Mass Effect 1 but much much bigger.

All the interest of the game will depends on the nature of the enemy. Who is this Archon, is this a stereotypical foe? We know nothing of that quest yet. (and if I'm right, why did leviathan send us there to confront him?) I'll tell you if i find the game is worth playing.

Did you notice some of the aliens there have collector rifles?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 pm

I have very little time to play video games currently, but most importantly, the footage so far seems to indicate:

1) no proper connection with first three games

2) no continuation of IT and related theories (like ours)

3) not even very exciting stuff for a standalone game (I think)

Dark space thing is interesting, though.

First trilogy was definitely not (entirely) real. Would therefore make sense if this reboot was real. Separate fictional universes is definitely what they're aiming for and convenient for BW.

Btw, Choose Wisely is still going strong on Twitter...
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:39 pm

smash016 wrote:Yeah... we figured already, right? Why wouldn't Cerberus be involved... they were involved with everything in ME1-3 and are Mac Walters' favorite plot point.

We'll see. Not planning on playing the game, actually. You?

I'll report here what i might find, just for the curiosity sake even if you don't play.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:24 am

Read the text at 3:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOLiLy2qbC0

This looks like dark energy plot again. Why are the geth so interested in dark energy?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:48 pm

smash016 wrote:Yeah... we figured already, right? Why wouldn't Cerberus be involved... they were involved with everything in ME1-3 and are Mac Walters' favorite plot point.

Game Pc Version : Preordered
Art of Mass Effect Andromeda :  Preordered
Prima guide hardback : Preordered

Pathfinder training videos : Watched all of them.
Trailers and minutes of gameplay videos : Watched all of them.

Razz

The more the game is coming, the more I'm convinced this is a Shadow Broker kind of scenario. Levi has sent the pathfinder team not only to keep a sample of the main organic species unaltered by what will happen in the milky way but also to do something, eliminate a threat, recover something or a place which belonged to him.

Not sure I buy the ' it is not real' this time.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Yeah... we figured already, right? Why wouldn't Cerberus be involved... they were involved with everything in ME1-3 and are Mac Walters' favorite plot point.

smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:01 am

This is worth a look a fits nicely into our theories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNwOieLfiA

Did you know you could date the potential daughter of TIM?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:08 pm

I wouldn't say Harbi is Levi, but I wonder if both do collaborate. Do you remember the analogy with the Egyptian gods Osiris and Seth?

Reapers are tools, but Harbi is not.

Organics are tools, but Levi is not.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:51 am

Yes, I heard it before, the idea Harbinger is Leviathan.

Let's just say Harbinger is as much veiled in secrecy as Leviathan is. It seems we're never aware of what it's really trying to accomplish. It tells us its microplans but the greater scheme of things is beyond us.

When Shepard meets Leviathan, it's made clear this happens in a vacuum. No squadmates are with her, and Levi says "this is not your domain" (which btw sounds like "this is not your realm of existence" -- Sovereign). Also, it's non-mandatory DLC. The whole thing is surreal, with Levi creating hallucinations at will. This to me feels like this is the real Leviathan, but who manifests as Harbinger in the simulated reality in which ME takes place.

Just thinking aloud here...

Lol, monomaniac. Didn't know that word. Fits me like a glove, too.

And your post reminded me again... so, so very curious Shepard in ME3 AGAIN travels through a "conduit"... which was THE major plot element in ME1. Can't be a meaningless similarity, no way. And since traveling the conduit in ME3 leads to a very surreal endgame locale, which for all intents and purposes is not reality... what does this tell us about traveling the conduit in ME1? Which we know is an absurd impossible device in terms of established lore?

Oh, I meant the shape of the Tempest ship... it's like a Reaper, but similar to how the Normandy was Reaperish... I guess just convenient space ship design. Bit like the Concorde passenger plane.

smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:48 pm

If you find that sign, tell me.

I've been pondering about it for the 2 last years. (yes I know I'm a bit of a monomaniac)

We always wondered about the real relationship between levi and the reapers, why could levi want synthesis while it seems to be sovereign's goal as well (Saren's speech while trying to convince Shepard on Virmire)

Why did TIM seemed always to play into the collectors' hand and was putting Shepard at risk at every corner?
Why is Harbinger the only reaper actually seen controlling the collectors and the only proof reapers and collectors are related?
Do reapers share everything like a consensus or are they independant a nation like sovereign said, collaborating in order to keep the cycles but nothing else, we know they talk and share some informations but are they sharing everything?
Does the AI exist?
Why does Harbinger let Shepard go through the conduit once hammer force is annihilated in ME3?
What would the collectors have done if they had been able to catch Shepard? Was the human reaper designed to store Shepard's essence and soul ending int he same result as the control option?

What we actually know, Harbinger is the first reaper made from harvested leviathans. Then it is intimately aware of every leviathans' schemes.

Leviathan said, there is no war, only the harvest. The genocide of almost his entire species seemed to be only a regretful side effect of his master plan designed to stop synthetics from killing all organics and to find a solution to this problem.

Turianrebel suggested a long time ago that a third force might be at work.

What if that third force is Harbinger itself?

Levi on one hand will be harvested if cornered by regular reapers.
On the other hand Harbinger seems to play his game.

Should we separated Harbinger from the other reapers? Could it really have another agenda than simply the preservation of the cycles? Could levi and harbinger be the 2 faces of the same coin?

Levi on one side manipulates all organics through made up religious beliefs inprinted on primitive organic civilizations and later on organisations like Cerberus and the influence of his galactic network.
Harbinger on the other side manipulates the reapers and use them like levi is using organics to find synthesis.

And above all we have the dream of the arrival dlc when the timers reaches 0 which seems to be a clear indication that at least ME2 ME3 are not real, a dream, a simulation dictating the futur of the galaxy.

Last thing, Doomsday (i think) asked the other day how do people travel in andromeda without mass relays. Well the first trailer seemed to indicate there was a network connecting worlds.
Coincidently, I remembered the conduit on Ilos leading to the citadel had exactly the same features as the conduit on Earth leading again to the citadel = no drift, no need to precisely move the antennas of the relay toward the location of another relay.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:26 pm

I remember thinking the logo of the ark ships resembles a Reaper... not sure where I saw it, but I noticed it several times while watching the several trailers.

Smudboy is an idiot, I can't express in words how I hate guys like him.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:21 pm

4 arks confirmed.

1 for humans, Asari, turians, krogans. Most heavily uplifted species. I'm surprised there's no salarian ark given they are part of the council.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:18 pm

So nexus is inspired by the citadel with a BIG honeycomb with the arkcon logo in the middle of it.

Am I deluding myself or do the arks look like a little bit like the collector ship?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:08 pm

smash016 wrote:Lol already struck by something.

If you look at the formation of the Council, it seems so obvious someone, behind the scenes, is stimulating galactic stability and cooperation (contrary to brute force used in the Prothean cycle) and how humanity is pushed to become a part of it.

Like how the volus are overlooked despite their contributions and despite them being around for much longer than humanity, the arguments are just silly excuses. They are overlooked because they can't meet any military demands in a Reaper war. Same for elcor, hanar. That's why humanity is indeed favored by the Council. They apparently have something to offer in the war.

And how the asari found the Citadel first, and are called "mediators" and "centrists", they're setting the stage for mutually beneficial cooperation such that no other race would ever think about seizing power for themselves because they all need to rely on each other.

And how the Spectres are "back room problem solvers" that can use any means to protect "galactic stability". So when asari politics fail, these individuals get rid of disruptive elements and keep the peace.

I mean, we already knew this from Choose Wisely, I just never knew these ideas are so extensively laid out in the very first hours of ME1.

I think I've heard this from you every time you began a new playthrough. Laughing

Facial animations are seriously fucked on the new trailer. Hope they will fix them.

I watched smudboy critics on youtube about the new trailer, oh man do I hate this guy, most of the things he says are just cheap nitpicking burying a few good points.

I read in the commentaries that the citadel is keeping some links with the colonists somehow, transmitting some burst of informations and new techs, did you read that somewhere?

Would you think plausible to imagine the real sender might not be the council but the true owner of the citadel?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum