Chora's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

4 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

General Chat - Page 9 Empty Re: General Chat

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 pm

No, the servicemen all look generic to me, both in ME1 and the ME2 prologue.

I have a question for you.

General Chat - Page 9 Tablet10

General Chat - Page 9 Tablet11

Look closely, pics are not that good -- are these supposed to be the quarian stone tablets we also find in Hock's vault? To me it definitely looks like a script on papyrus. The conservation method (pressed between glass plates) would fit an ancient writing. (You may have to adjust the brightness.)

The first pair is behind the transparent wall in Bryson's lab. Second is on the other side of the lab, it has a Leviathan/Reaper overlay.

Second, the columnar structure that holds the orb, look at its base -- is that a QEC device? I think it's just like (idle) QECs on the Normandy and elsewhere in ME3.

General Chat - Page 9 Qec10

Third, I like how Bryson's research links eezo to asteroids. Like, a means of distributing eezo in places that need it according to... someone.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm not getting you wrong. lol We're both long past that. Very Happy
We both say everything that's crossing our minds and if something is to be kept, we just do it. Razz

Jacob's speech is the main thing here imho, it's one more element showing the crash site is faked.

But I'm not sure the circonstances around the crash are meaningless.

The casualty list is consistant with the damages shown in the ME2 introduction = total destruction of the command deck with only the nose of the Normandy being momentarily spared and protected by some shields.
Most of the casualties would have been caused by the first volley of the collector ship.

Do you now if there's anyone climbing in the rescue pods with Ash or Liara who is identifiable?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Don't get me wrong, I've contributed my fair share of ideas that you didn't buy into, probably for good reason.

But I don't think that BW, even when implementing a masterplan as we like to think, would care about how many people are on which deck, or what kind of working shifts are being used. I don't think writers in general apply that kind of everyday logic to their fictional universes. I think a lot of that logic is missing when you pay attention to it.

And if we assume the SR-1 crashed, it happened totally off-screen and at an unknown time. So they can make it into anything they'd like.

It is interesting, though, how Jacob's account of events deviates from the Crash Site DLC. Not sure if intentional, but it could be. Same for the shut-eye. Could be a hint.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 am

We have 23 unnamed crew seen in mE1 (I think)
+ Pressly  Exo
+ Adams Chief engineer
+ Joker pilot

Jenkins replaced by Ash  Ground team
Kaidan  Marine detail commander
Chakwas Doc
Shep Captain

That's 30 people notwithstanding shep alien squadmates.

Of the 23 unnamed  crew, 20 are reported dead. (normandy dog tags on Alchera)
+ Pressly.

As I said, that's quite different from what Jacob said. = he said something along most of them made it except some servicemen of the lower decks (If i remember well)
It's quite the opposite. Almost none of them made it.  Again i think Jacob repeated what's he been told which is a lie.

Only Adams survived and 2 anonymous crew. None that we know except Joker on the control deck, where most of the crew were .
That puts into question Joker's survival .

Fun fact, when talking to you, Jacob reports 'he was getting ready for some shut-eye ' before the mech attack started on minuteman station.
if you like to think everybody is dreaming, here's Jacob's entry into the dream.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:35 am

smash016 wrote:I think we know too little about any Normandy crash to speculate on its specifics, but maybe that's just me.

Then we have to act like a crash investigation team would and start with some postulates.
- we assume the normandy SR1 is real
- we assume we know where the crew were inside the ship during the crash (ME2 start)
- we assume who survived (or may have survived)

We know the exact number of crew usually operating the normandy and the memorial tell us who died.

We have to build upon this.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:32 am

I think we know too little about any Normandy crash to speculate on its specifics, but maybe that's just me.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:14 am

The weakness of this idea lies with joker. If he was in the cockpit, how could he survive?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:49 am

So Asha is another concept of truth and harmony close to ma'at. References are piling up.

Did you find anything about the ring of alune?

Back to the sr1 crew, if you follow my line of thoughts, then you'll realize only people located in the lower deck or cargo hold and engine room survived which could be consistent with a Normandy having crashed upside down like the ship shown in the me4 preview.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:50 pm

For fetch assignments, you need to...

- find an asari "Hesperia-period statue". The term is most likely taken from Greek mythological figures who lived in the Garden of the Hesperides, which grew apples that granted immortality.

- get asari texts from the Library of Asha. "Asha" is a very vague concept, I think Persian in origin, and it has to do with a cosmic and divine force and order. A "cosmic imperative" as Javik would call it, and it's related to the Egyptian concept of Ma'at. Perhaps you'll find it an interesting read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asha

smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 pm

And the 8 pods do not make sense at all on the sr2.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:08 pm

I agree. Now some homework.

Count the actual number of crew seen on the Normandy sr1.

The 8 sleeping pods actually make sense with a crew of around 24. It could work with a shift of 8 hours dividing the crew in 3 teams during regular flight.

If you count shep, Adams the chief engineer, ash or kaidan, then everyone else except shep's team died which directly refutes jacob's story.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 am

So yeah... Through our investigation of asari philosophy, bee mythology, and all kinds of other interconnected lore, we figured the honeycomb might actually stand for something, and then we, or at least I... figured Shepard's death and all that craziness can't be a coincidence.

So, next thing is that a memorial has honeycomb nameplates.

I mean, it's just so compelling.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:37 am

I want to stress again that the name plaques on the Normandy memorial have a hardly visible honeycomb pattern.

In the absence of a general honeycomb design for the Normandy, this particular instance is telling. It may be the best visual clue that some part of "Underworld Theory" is correct. (I still use that term tongue-in-cheek, for the record.)
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:51 pm

I think it was said to illustrate how a caveman would use familiar concepts to describe something totally unknown to his world. Like the "extended finger" (laser beam).
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Just the depiction of the reaper laser as a red eye on eletania. Nothing more
more specific.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:43 am

Eye of wrath, yeah... sounds familiar.

But what makes you think it's related to the Reaper laser?
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:12 am

smash016 wrote:Wait, does Aralakh mean red eye of God? In-game or IRL?

I can't check now but I think the meaning of aralakh is given. It's the eye of wrath or something like that.

Do we know when was the krogan orbital canon built because the tech could come from the time of the uplift by the salarians.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Wait, does Aralakh mean red eye of God? In-game or IRL?
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Do you think aralakh the red eye of god could be tied to the reaper laser?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Yes but the majority is tied to deities.

Furthemore only prothan pyramids are equilateral.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Perhaps, but triangles can be symbolic for many, many things. Basically everything that constitutes a trinity of qualities.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Interesting indeed.

Back to the triangles , they have all their sides of the same size ( i think). Isn't such triangles symbolic for the Holly Trinity ans god ans perfection?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Yes, true, they aren't perfect pyramids, but then again, the mural is a simplified depiction, without much detail.

However, the waves underneath them put them in a slightly different perspective, yes.

---

Selected Javik quotes from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pf-LSShZYs

(1) "I believe some of the crew wishes to be my friend. That is not my purpose here."

(2) "I have been exploring. There are traces of those who lived on the Normandy before. I detected a human female. Her genetic structure was unnatural, as if artificially created. [...] And a drell. There was... illness in him. [...] And the krogan who lived in these quarters. He was undergoing a... metamorphosis. His memories were confused... not organic to his mind. There was great confusion and turmoil."

(3) "Our scientists believed [evolution] was the only force in the galaxy that mattered. They called it the "cosmic imperative."
-- Shepard: "Was this imperative just your scientists' opinion, or did they prove something we don't know?"
"The universe had already proven it. They only had to look around."

(4) "[War] shapes me. As stone is shaped by the one who carves it. The stone has no choice in the form it will take. [looking at memory shard] You and I, Commander... war is our sculptor. And we are prisoners to its design."

---

(1) I think Javik's purpose could be representing Leviathan's interests on the Normandy.

(2) Funny how he mentions those three people. With the exception of Thane, these descriptions fit Shepard, too, if our and CW's speculations are correct. You see? "T-GES mineral works is focused on..." Shepard. Altered DNA. Her memories... Prothean beacon? The cipher? Your Foundation comic ideas? They all hint at unnatural memories for Shepard.

(3) Who is behind this imperative? What is it we don't know, but for which we have to look around hard enough to see?

(4) Levi/Thorian themes... remember? A smith who's careful not to damage its tools. I feel like Javik is or has been undergoing the same as Shepard. That Shepard will be turned in an avatar, too, with immortal qualities.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:33 am

Yes i've seen the pyramids but they are not the perfect triangles seen on the pictures.
There's always some platforms here and there.

Furthermore we already notices the pictures of pyramids are always upon water, a lot of it with waves.

Compare krogans heads and legs with rhinos.

I think toi already notices it but the pattern on bakara's head is the same as the one seen on tali. Or so it seems.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:37 am

- I saw pyramids during the Turian Platoon mission, husks from the nuclear destruction on Tuchanka. And in the ancient city, there's one building to the right that towers above everything else. It's like a pyramid, too.

- You're right, Tuchanka actually has a strikingly red sun. Makes it more likely the shaman is actually depicted as standing on one.

- I wouldn't be surprised if Kairos appears in Bryson's lab. Will look for it. It's also depicted with veneration on Tuchanka murals. Tried to recognize Levi in it, like you did with Athame's shield.

- Like rhinos, huh? That's funny. I just went to a zoo, but the obvious similarity was lost on me. I did see a honey badger, though. Wink
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum