Chora's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

4 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

General Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: General Chat

Post by vlad78 Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:21 pm

smash016 wrote:By convention I try to pick titles that are taken from the article itself, simply because I like it, and additionally, that are applicable and also a little revealing.

Legion says: "We do not view the Reapers as analogues to deities. However, we have gained perspective on why others would imbue them with these qualities."

In my liberal interpretation of events, this quote and similar information would mean that the Reapers grant us an afterlife, and/or create an entirely convincing virtual reality for us to live in. These are the godlike qualities of the Reapers. These are exactly the things traditional gods provide.

The geth, however, see through this and understand that it's just technology. Which takes us back to Clarke's 3rd law, as cited by TIM, "that which appears as magic is ultimately just sufficiently advanced technology."

THIS, should be somewhere in your article.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:18 pm

By convention I try to pick titles that are taken from the article itself, simply because I like it, and additionally, that are applicable and also a little revealing.

Legion says: "We do not view the Reapers as analogues to deities. However, we have gained perspective on why others would imbue them with these qualities."

In my liberal interpretation of events, this quote and similar information would mean that the Reapers grant us an afterlife, and/or create an entirely convincing virtual reality for us to live in. These are the godlike qualities of the Reapers. These are exactly the things traditional gods provide.

The geth, however, see through this and understand that it's just technology. Which takes us back to Clarke's 3rd law, as cited by TIM, "that which appears as magic is ultimately just sufficiently advanced technology."
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:05 pm

smash016 wrote:So if you want you can tell me what you think... Like I did with your galleries, Vlad. Very Happy

You don't have to agree with me or believe me, not even sure I believe myself, but if you spot mistakes or things that really should be included, let me know! It's partly your legacy, too, you know.

Why did you call the last one signs of god, there's only one allusion to god in the whole article?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:04 pm

So if you want you can tell me what you think... Like I did with your galleries, Vlad. Very Happy

You don't have to agree with me or believe me, not even sure I believe myself, but if you spot mistakes or things that really should be included, let me know! It's partly your legacy, too, you know.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Wrote two new stories on my blog. Starting to look like something now.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:19 am

I know right? Best meme ever.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 pm

smash016 wrote:Hey guys, what's up?!?!

I wrote Part III of my blog! Even if it's all bullshit, I think it reads like hell...

https://clubeternity.wordpress.com/

Be sure to check it out.

Great.

Whre did you find those dogs, I loled so hard.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey guys, what's up?!?!

I wrote Part III of my blog! Even if it's all bullshit, I think it reads like hell...

https://clubeternity.wordpress.com/

Be sure to check it out.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:36 pm

smash016 wrote:No, CW argues it's a dream, a product of Shepard's imagination.

Yes... but it this episode, they clearly say collective consensus or something like that. I think it's a bit of both for them. Remember the dream is not just a dream, it's an experiment.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:19 pm

No, CW argues it's a dream, a product of Shepard's imagination.

I believe a virtual reality is more likely.

Anderson responds oddly in ME1 when asked about that Cerberus guy (Bates, or what's his name), always had me think Anderson has a... dark side, too, and that Alliance and Cerberus might still cooperate behind the scenes.

There's a definite theme of... identity switches in ME. This episode mentions it, too, when Mordin talks about the Collectors, how their souls have been erased and replaced by tech. It's exactly what happened to Shepard, in a way (Lazarus Project). Also with the memory testing and Foundation comics and stuff... makes you wonder what they really did to Shepard.

I really want to finish my blog so I can show CW my ideas. But I can't find the time. Goddamnit.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Seen it. Again it's the research of the convergence.

It shows the major retcons between ME1 and ME2 and are going back to find the point where it all began, where all players have to go.

It focuses on how the terminus turned from a lawless space outside citadel territories into an area heavily populated by council species as if ME1 and ME2 where set in different universes.

Again we have the CW idea that Shepard has been sent into a virtual reality, a collective consensus plundging him into a recreated galaxy.

It insists again on the video in the SB files showing Anderson had contacts with Cerberus. Do you remember your ideas of the Alliance being not so good? Cerberus had been created as a black op organisation to do what the alliance couldn't do. What if they are still true to their original purpose despite everything and did't really run wild?

I now wonder if the N7 guy in the next Mass effect trailer is Shepard's body but with something else inside, just like the stories talking about the alien ship whoch could store a whole civilization in anlternate reality in the Cerberus daily news for ME2. And what if shepard waking up at the end of ME3 would be the end of Mass Effect Andromeda?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:44 am

Episode 5 pt. 1 is up, however I haven't been able to watch it yet. But though I'd let you know.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:14 pm

ME libray edition again.

Under TIM's vision, Mc Walter wrote:

'Our first clue that the Illusive Man might have had more contacts with the reaper than he cared to admit.'

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Mass Effect library edition volume one. Feron, the SB agent who helped Liara to retrieve shep's body works for Cerberus.
In fact Cerberus is behind the whole SB removal plot. (even if remotely) Liara did the rest.

Interestingly, TIM seems not to know why the collectors want Shep's body at the time.

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:47 am

Skimmed through the Mass Effect library edition vol 2= mainly foundation. You have some interesting comments by Mac Walters and some other writers and cartoonists.

MW asks the following question : who hired Thane to kill Rasa?  but does not answer. And no answers is given to us AT ALL. Thane was told she was trying to commit a murder. by whom? to kill who? Shep?

Likewise, there's a comment about Rasa being taken aback by the mech being able to sacrifice itself in the final issue. Why would she if it's just a machine she programmed to help her?

We also learn those comics were written while writing the ME3 citadel dlc.

Oh and I've seen a good idea from Rifreno (yes he can have some) in the sea of recycled comments about classic IT seen on the forum. He wondered if the information about the crucible were not specifically given to Liara by Glyph before she went to Mars.

Glyph, we never really thought about this little thing. First you know I always thought glyph to be a discreet nod to egyptian hieroglyphs, but it reminded me of something else.

Glyph addressed everyone on the SB base as if they were the SB. The SB base controls were not secured, anyone could replace the SB. Was glyph also an important part of the position, far older than the coup organied by the Yagh?

Could in fact glyph be an important tool used to draw the SB attention toward something truly important and relevant for the SB true master? a little bit like google is selecting the sites your will have access to?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:24 pm

The N7 guy strikes me as evil, not like the hero or the good guy.

Yeah, that cowboy song seems rather inappropriate and ironic, I wonder if they included it mostly for its lyrics... which reference death again. Ghost riders, but Satan and hell references, too. Just like in the first three games. Maybe... just overused metaphors... but still...

More like the Grand Canyon... Also, we see the same planet as shown in that preview shot which CW thought had an overturned crash-landed SR-1... which to me looked like Ilos during daytime.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:17 pm

smash016 wrote:Trailer for CW episode 5 is up.

youtu.be/gU-iIDum7Zk

I'm really wondering who's under the helmet if it's not the player. N7, in Andromeda?

Are ghost riders in the stars a ref to council specters?

The first landscape in the preview really looks like Rannoch, doesn't it?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Trailer for CW episode 5 is up.

youtu.be/gU-iIDum7Zk
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 am

vlad78 wrote:and i'd really like to have to time to put our ideas on the site before the new game hits. (would it be this year or 2016?)

Me too. It's just so much work.

I'm guessing 2016, so we still have time... unless BW reveals something pre-release.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:51 am

the mass effect comics library edition got me back in. Those things are huge.

This and I got bored with dragon age. I just can't play it, not enough time, not enough interest.

and i'd really like to have to time to put our ideas on the site before the new game hits. (would it be this year or 2016?)

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:56 am

Very Happy I went that way too those last months. We have to, otherwise we would be mad, wouldn't we?

I changed the last picture and added another one just for the drama.

Could you tell me what you think?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:56 pm

It's not yet released as far as I know. Those were just still images, like a preview. I think taken from Facebook, from the band who will contribute songs for ME4.

I have to admit I finally managed to drop my obsession with ME. Lots of changes in my personal life lately, little spare time left.

However, when something big happens, like another CW episode, or something from BW, I will of course tune in.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Smash
I've put online a little contribution.

Could you tell me where to find the video shown on the other forum with the club, shep memorial card, shiala and so on?

vlad78

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:06 pm

NatP wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1031314

So this is apparently how ME4 is going down... How do you guys feel about it?
Just found it myself. It's horribly predictable. Sounds like a blueprint not for ME, but for any random title. If a highly acclaimed game series like ME is honored like this, I have little faith in the game industry becoming a respectable art form anytime soon.

Okay, that sounded rather bleak... but no, I don't like it.
smash016
smash016
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NatP Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:28 am

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1031314

So this is apparently how ME4 is going down... How do you guys feel about it?

NatP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum